Monday, October 17, 2022

I'm Baa-aack

We are back from our short road trip.  We got back Sunday just past noon.  Where were we?  Glad you asked.  We were in Farmers Branch (Dallas) for the Bloomin' Bluegrass Festival.  It was great.  Lots of big names I hear on Sirius radio all the time.  And of course the main attraction for me, Del McCoury.  He is now over 80 years old and still sings just as good as ever.  It was 93* when he hit the stage wearing the traditional full suit.  I don't know how he does it.  The heat with no shade almost sent me back to the hotel.  But there was too much great music to come and I didn't want to miss a note.  I tool precautions.  

I haven't been to many festivals but I have seen their line-ups and none match this one.  This may be the best festival in the country due to that fact and it is run very well.  Folks come from all over because of the great line up.  Most festivals have just one or two headliners, all of these folks could be a headliner at any festival.

I have a few pics of most every band that played.  So you get to see those.  



Texas and Tennessee


Donna Ulisse


Alan Bibey


The Queen of Bluegrass-Rhonda Vincent



Breaking Grass


Kenny and Amanda Smith


Seldom Scene


Del McCoury


Balsam Range


Dan Tyminski


I could go on and on about each act but I couldn't do them justice.  I understand that Bluegrass isn't for everyone but I have loved it since I was a kid when I heard the Osborne Brothers on the Country and Western Radio back in the 50's.  The musicianship of these folks is top notch and for that alone they can be appreciated.

Now I will go out and check my rain gauge-yes, we are finally getting some good rain and hope there will be more as predicted.

Happy Trails










1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That is one heck of a lineup! Glad you got to enjoy it!