Monday, November 7, 2022

Harvest Bust

It was time to check out how the potatoes turned out.


That's it.  Six bags of potatoes I nursed for 3 months.  I had suspected they wouldn't do as well as the earlier 2 lb. harvest.  I used Russets this time, last time Golds.  I'm sure the extreme Summer heat played a huge part in this failure.  Weeks of unrelenting 100+ temps most likely was the culprit.  Admittedly I am not a garden expert and am only guessing.  I will try again this Spring.  The Tomatoes are doing pretty well.  We eat one or two at nearly every meal.  'K' says they taste sour to her.  My taste buds aren't that sensitive, they taste like tomatoes to me although not as juicy as the Spring or as big.  These are of the very same plants from Spring.
I will leave them up until the first freeze.  I may be pulling through Thanksgiving.


We are socked in this morning.  Fog and high humidity and 73* this morning.  That will delay my morning walks with the dogs if not cancel.  I hate to miss that.  I feel much less stiff and sore the rest of the day.  Maggie will be bugging me to go off and on all day.  She will follow me around bumping her nose against my leg as I walk through the house.  Her herding instinct is very very strong.  Also this type weather puts a 'damper' on completing the Honey Do list (see what I did there?).

If you haven't already, vote.  'K' wanted to vote early.  I declined.  There are very limited early voting places out here and the parking is not to be found when the turn out is so high as I have heard.  Plus I don't really trust voting like that anymore.  So we will vote tomorrow.  Unfortunately my RINO congressman will most likely be re-elected.  For the first time I will vote independent.  That candidate appears to be a true conservative.  But you never know until they get in and then start voting with the Democrats which my congressman has done multiple times.

I am very concerned about who will be elected Speaker of the House for the State legislature.  The current speaker has sandbagged almost every conservative attempt to pass legislation or get it even on the calendar to be heard.  Dade Phelan is the dude who has allowed democrats as committee chairs,  He uses them to kill legislation he doesn't like.  Then he can point fingers when asked why something didn't pass.  He's a snake.  He is running opposed this time at least.  But games are played.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Oh well, there is always next year for the garden... Re voting, yes, already done!