Monday, October 10, 2022

Range Time etc.

I was moving along pretty well with the painting and then I ran out of paint.  I have used more paint this time around than I have any other time.  I assume that is an indication of just how bad I needed to paint.  It seems the siding is sucking up the paint pretty well.  I am almost finished.  I even have an option for the remainder if it gets too hard for me.  I have an offer of help.  I may just accept it.  I will need to get more paint first but that will have to wait a week or two.

I made it to the gun range this past week after I ran out of paint.  Man was I rusty.  I have never claimed to be a good shot, but I was competent.  But the first couple mags were pathetic.  Then I switched over to the 1911 and moved the target in a couple yards.  That was good for my ego.  A few more mags from both pistols and I felt much more confident.  I will need to go to the range more often than I have been.  Shame on me.  I have always had issues with those short barrel guns like my carry gun, M&P Shield (the smaller one).  The 1911, not so much.  I shoot much better with it but it's too heavy to carry everywhere.  It behooves me to be more capable a shooter if I am going to carry.  

We are off to visit with my Mom today.  It's been a while for me due to various things.  But we want to go by before we are out of pocket on our road trip for a few days.  We will take the youngest Granddaughter along.  They both enjoy each other and it will be uplifting for Mom.

The drier is on the fritz and so is the microwave.  The repairman came out Saturday and didn't have the part and had to order it.  He will return Tuesday.  We will just replace the microwave, but it appears there are few to be had in the paces we have looked.  Supply chain issues I'm sure.  

I saw a video clip of the President of Ukraine asking the US for a preemptive nuclear attack on Russia to prevent a tactical strike on them.  Keep poking the bear, that always helps.  The world has gone insane, literally.

Ok, I gotta hit it.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, shooting is a perishable skill...sigh Good luck replacing any appliances right now!