Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Glorious Morning

The cooler weather has finally arrived.  I got out on my walk with the dogs a little earlier since I was anxious to enjoy the coolness.  We have 63* and very dry air with a slight breeze.  My hands actually got cold on the walk.  This is chamber of commerce weather.  Clear as a bell too.  

We didn't get far before we came across two Whitetale Bucks stalking each other.  Suddenly the fight was on and it was a good one.  Lasted a good minute.  The smaller buck was giving it his all and was pushing the bigger one around a bit until the end and then the bigger prevailed.  I have a video of it but since Blogger doesn't like my phone videos I won't try to post that until I can get it figured out if at all.  Try videoing with a phone with  one hand while two dogs are going crazy on their leash pulling you.  A little farther along in our walk a pair of Gray Foxes ran across the road.  They were beautiful.  One of the reasons I love living where we do is we have an abundance of wild life.  It does have it's drawbacks at times.  But we deal with it.

We have a close friend in the neighborhood that has offered to come by and care for our dogs when we go on our future road trip.  She will come by today and start the process of letting the dogs become familiar with her.  This will be better for the dogs all around.  What a blessing this will be.  We will make it worth her while.  

The search for a new 'place' for my Mother is ongoing.  It's not easy at all.  She changes her mind hourly and forgets much of what has already taken place.  If it weren't for 'K' handling it I don't know what we would do.  She is about the only one she listens to.

I've got to go cook breakfast so 'K' can get out of here to her Ladies Bible Study.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad the bulls didn't decide to 'include' you in their discussion! :-)