Saturday, January 1, 2022

So This Is It?

New year.  Not impressed.  Not getting my hopes up about this one being better.  And by that I mean how things are in this Country.  I am most always positive about my personal life.  I try not to fret too much about politics, but I admit it has been a struggle this year.  I do what I can about that and try not to do my complaining on Social Media.  It does absolutely no good for anyone.  

I check on things in my neighborhood using the neighborhood app.  Things get pretty stupid there too but not as much as some others.  The one thing that I don't understand is why people get on there and complain about so and so.  Oh there are more than plenty that will comment.  The latest is folks complaining about fireworks and asking the perpetrators to stop because they have to work or you're waking the baby or the dog is goin nuts.  These complaints are about the fireworks prior to New Year's eve.  I get it. They can be annoying.  They write these posts like they were actually speaking to those that are doing the deed.  Do they really think this is effective?  The ones shooting the fireworks aren't reading social media that's for sure.  They are busy shooting fireworks.  Oh there are multiples of these posts about fireworks.  We live out in the county where it's legal.  Then the arguments start, building unity and trust amongst our neighbors, good job.  The tone deafness is astounding.  But I see more and more of this as the kids that grew up with social media turn into adults, age wise only not in maturity.  What a planet. 

OK I see what I am doing, griping on social media.  I'll go back to my hidey hole.

One more thing.  They are finally sure that we will get our first freeze tonight and Monday.  So I have been out making sure the plants are ready.  I finally yanked up my tomato plants from April.  The won't survive the heavy freeze coming.  I have a few green tomatoes on the counter top to ripen.  It will be time to get the garden ready in about 2 months already.  OK, I'm done now.

Hope and pray y'all all have a great new year.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

We got the freeze and two inches of snow... sigh