Monday, January 10, 2022

I Am Losing My Mind

We went and picked up the youngest Granddaughter and also made a quick trip to the grocery store.  This is where I lost my mind, and my glasses.  The thing is, this is the second time in as many weeks.  I am usually very careful with where I put them, other than my face.  I have never had to replace them from being lost or broken in over 30 years of using glasses.  Yes I have mislaid them around the house but then found them again in short order.  One reason for this is they never leave my face except bed time and shower time.  I carry two pair, one being prescription sunglasses.  This time when we got home I was going to switch from sunglasses to my other pair.  No can find.  Same thing happened the previous time.  This time someone found them in the parking lot and turned them in.  No one had run over them thankfully.  The first time, I left them on the back of the basket in the parking lot.  They were still there when I went back.  Pretty sure I know what happened, big loose pockets on my jacket.  

I had had a conversation with a friend of mine I hadn't seen in a couple years this past Saturday and we were talking about how forgetful of names and faces we were.  He was more worried about it than I am.  He asked me about someone we both know and I told him I didn't know anyone by that name.  He couldn't remember her last name so just the first name was no help to me.  I finally figured it out, we both had a laugh but I could tell it bothered him more than me.  After today, maybe I should be.....nah.

I saw this friend at a Mexican wedding reception.  I was told it was a party for the couple that had gotten married a couple weeks ago.  Have you ever been to a Mexican wedding reception?  Was I ever underdressed, this was out of ignorance and faulty information.  Having lived here in this part of Texas where Hispanics are the majority this was my first.  They go all out on dressing up.  Sequins, Rhinestones, fancy dresses, the men not near as much.  The bride even wore a wedding dress.  And of course tons of food.  This one may have been a little subdued, there was no alcohol which was expected and not missed.  But there was no less fun.  From karaoke to throwing the groom in the air.  The weather was bad so we left early, after about 3 hours and drove home in rain/fog in the hills around New Braunfels.  It was a good night.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad they had a good wedding, and yes, Mexican receptions ARE something to behold (once)...