Sunday, January 23, 2022

Catching Up

Saturday we had some long time friends over for brisket and all the trimmings.  I like to show of my skills.  There, I said it lol.  I made the beans and fresh bread also.  We don't get to see them very often.  He is a very busy health professional so rarely has any free time.  They had to cancel once because of his work.  This time it worked out but he was on call.  I wish I could tell you more about this friend.  What a very interesting life he has led.  I wish he would write a book but he doesn't think his former employers would approve.  He would have to get their approval.  It's hard for me not to pick his brain about his adventures but I have learned to not ask.

The massive cold they were predicting for our area that had everyone scrambling at the stores and emptying shelves wasn't near as bad as they said.  Last winter's snowpocalypse had everyone on edge.  Little to no precipitation occurred.  That is what paralyzes this area when it is extremely cold.  We never got below 30 but we had way more wind than usual and it was extremely uncomfortable outside.  The dog is missing his daily walks, and so am I.  Hopefully we can get back to it next week.

One more doctor appointment to go this week.  My PCP visit was better than expected, even the doctor was impressed.  My diabetes numbers were better than ever with an A1C of 5.9.  I already have the bloodwork results for this weeks appointment and as I expected, still no sign of a return of my prostate cancer.  That makes a full 7 years now.  Once we get to 10, if I am so blessed, I think they release me from anymore checks.  I have one other appointment in early Feb with my dentist.  Then I will be through with docs for 6 months.  Oh, I forgot possible cataract surgery.  I will find out more Feb 23.  

So on the home front things are looking pretty good for now.  'K' and I have avoided the China flu and it's variants, which really surprises me.  I got a link to get 4 free home tests for COVID from the USPS.  So I ordered them, but I hear they are very inaccurate.  I don't know.  We go about our daily lives as if everything is normal and just deal with other folks requirements as they come up.  We don't mask, at all unless it is required by our doctors and it is.  We took my Mom out to eat last week and she said she was embarrassed to not be wearing a mask in the restaurant we were at, most people were and all the workers were.  She didn't wear one because we weren't.  We were at the same restaurant a couple weeks ago and she wasn't masked but had no issue.  She wasn't worried about getting sick, just that she wasn't doing what most others were.  SMH.  I told here there was nothing at all to be embarrassed about.  Anyway..

Happy Trails



1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad it was a productive week! And yay for no bad WX! Congrats on the prostate too!!!