Monday, January 31, 2022

Monday

I guess we will be stuck in the house most of the week.  Wet weather all day today(Monday).  Wednesday there is a nasty cold front scheduled to arrive.  They are saying it will be the coldest one we have had this winter.  That should get everyone into the grocery stores and get the shelves even more bare.  Now the weather guessers are adding that it won't be anything like last years snowpocalpse and that you don't need to swarm HEB.  Hopefully folks learned their lesson and are already supplied with enough to get through a little bad weather for a couple days.  We are good to go.  

I have been pretty housebound this past month and my exercise/walking has suffered.  Snickers follows me around when I start getting dressed thinking we are heading out for our daily walk.  Today is the first day he didn't do that.  I guess he has figured out we are not heading out for his favorite thing when weather is bad.  Or most likely he has just given up.  I miss it and my bathroom scales miss it, I think I heard them groaning.  I seem to have gained about 4 lbs.  I usually keep steady so 4 lbs. is significant.  I am guessing that with better control of my diabetes with insulin than in the past had caused some of that.  I can tell you that as a Type 2 diabetic using insulin it is extremely hard to lose any weight.  If you cut out too much you run the risk of low blood sugar and that can be very dangerous.  I know trying a high protein diet was near impossible for me to sustain more than a couple days.  My blood sugar dropped like a rock.  

I am off to go cook some Picadillo tacos for 'K' since she requested it.  Y'all behave.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, we're gonna get slapped up here too... sigh