Monday, December 27, 2021

Aftermath

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.  Ours was.  The enchiladas turned out as good as I had hoped.  Everyone enjoyed them, at least they say they did.  Son#1 may or may not have had 5 as he states.  If you cook at all, that is very pleasing to the cook or chef.  We had a few leftovers we can enjoy later.  

On top of it all was watching the excitement of my nearly 3 year old Granddaughter.  Oh my, what joy and unbridled exuberance.  That makes it all so worth it.  She just goes and goes and goes and was full out all day.  No wasted energy there.  I had to turn off my hearing aids at one point due to her squeals of delight.  She is totally enamored with her male cousin (11 years old) and she wore him out.  Then we went to her house for breakfast early Christmas morning to watch her get her Santa gifts.  When I say early, we were there before she woke up, around 7:00 AM.  We had to get up around 5:30 AM to get there in time.  From there I went over and picked up my Mom to have breakfast with us.  It was a great weekend.  I couldn't have asked for it to be better.  We are so blessed.  

This week, we have '0' plans.  The Granddaughters' other Grandparents are here from Arizona so we take a step back and let them have full 'custody' sot they can enjoy her without sharing with us.  We will miss her of course, but we can have her anytime, but they only have her a short time once or twice a year.  No sure what we will do with ourselves but I do have a new book I am eager to get started.  

We went to a middle eastern style restaurant Sunday.  I've only been to one once before.  I am game to try it out.  Son#2 and his family really like it.  So far my impression is, it's just OK.  I'll go again if that's where others want to go but I probably will not go on my own.  I can't repeat the name of what I had, just some sort of kabob (beef) with rice and grilled veggies.  I was surprised how bland it was.  I also tried something I was curious about, Turkish coffee.  It was pretty good but that little cup drove me nuts trying to hold it with my mitts.  It wasn't really hot either and I don't know if that is the way it should be or not.  I feel so cultured lol.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad things went well! That is all we can ask. Best wishes for 2022!!!