Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Fantastic Weather

I didn't post anything Monday.  It seems to be a thing here lately.  I wanted to get started/finished on the prep work for the painting on the patio.  There was some caulking and patching that was much needed.  I managed to finish that up and if all goes as I hope I should actually start painting Tuesday morning.  I know I won't finish.  Wednesday some wet weather is supposed to roll in and the temps will take a significant dive Thursday morning.  Or so the wife tells me.  Won't be any painting after Tuesday if she is right.  

I would like to get that part of my multi year painting project done before too much longer.  Once that is done I hope to have some work done on the concrete portion of the patio.  Over the years of use there a number of stains, paint and other things by various individuals that will remain nameless.  I hate the way it looks.  We don't use the patio a lot but my hope is to get it looking really nice and hopefully it will entice use to a greater degree.  At the least to get the ugly stains covered.  It's a little on the spendy side from what I can gather.  But it needs something other than what we have now.  

The weather here has been beyond superb.  Little to no clouds, cool to crisp mornings, sunny afternoons rarely getting to 80.  This it the weather that makes me love this time of year.  It is also loved by the Whitetail bucks that are making their desires known to the does.  I see a lot of deer throughout the year.  But this brings out the big boys that find places to hide the rest of the year.  I think a lot of them come across from Camp Bullis since there are few to no people there with little hunting pressure.  I am just not sure how they get over that fence.  It is at least 8' chain link with another 2' of barbed wire on top.  Maybe they come from somewhere else but they are really looking for love right now.  When I am walking the dog early morning, I take my time passing those dudes that are full of hormone induced crazy.  They are unpredictable.  One man in our neighborhood was gored by one a couple years ago, unprovoked so he says.  I don't doubt it with everything I have learned over the years seeing them up close almost everyday.  I do know I don't want one of those beasts trying to stick me with those massive antlers.  Not fun.  BTW, have you ever smelled one of those bad boys in full rut?  Whew/

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, NOT the time to be shooting a buck. Full rut ruins the meat... Gamey as hell.