Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Catching Up

We had a very busy week last week.  So busy we turned down an invitation for Saturday evening.  Part of that time we had all 3 Grandkids overnight.  From a two and a half year old to a newly minted teen girl.  It wore us out.  We seem to do better with the youngest than we do the older ones.  When they don't talk it's hard to figure out what to do.  Tiring.

The weather was so great last week I went a bought some more outdoor paint so I would be ready to tackle the patio.  The very next day and every day since it has been extremely humid with threats of rain.  It never rained but with the humidity so high I held off.  It takes much too long for paint to dry then.  Sometimes it doesn't cure right and no telling what might fall on it from the trees and get stuck.  But I am ready with the paint now.  Two gallons of extremely expensive paint.  It is considerably more than when I bought it last year.  Thanks Joe.

This week we don't really have any plans.  We did some Costco shopping.  We had read that many Costco\s were being shopped hard and were out of things we like to stock up on.  They had toilet paper but not a lot.  We just missed out on paper towels.  Everything else looked normal.  They are doing some remodeling again.  Moving the optical and hearing aid center.  I was going to get my hearing aids maintained as I have been experiencing some issues.  They were closed down so that will have to wait much to 'K's displeasure.

I have been working on getting all my photos on my PC cleaned up since my online backup is full.  I have about 5000 photos and I got all of them moved to a USB flash drive after I weeded a bunch out (around 2000).  Oh, I have at least that many other photos on a portable hard drive that need attending to also.  But as you can imagine it is a daunting task.  I purged my PC and my one of my online accounts.  They all need better organizing.  That may never happen.  

Currently I am trying to find old photos of my parents, grand parents, great grandparents and the wife's, non digital.  We want to make a wall display, a sort of family tree.  I will scan them and touch up those that need it and print copies.  They will get framed and then need to be arranged on the wall.  'K' will handle the arranging.  Surprisingly, I haven't found as many as I thought I would.  I have plenty of my Dad's parents, a few of my Mom's, minimal amount of the previous generation(but the ones I have are great).  We have almost nothing of 'K's' grandparents unfortunately.  So it will be heavy with my blood relatives and not many of from 'K's' family.  We may expand to uncles and aunts, we just have to see how this plays out in numbers and arrangement.  And, again I have many more photos of mine than 'K.'  

We both have been really wanting to head down to Padre Island on a day trip but things and the weather there have not cooperated.  It seems the weather may be an issue for a while too.  We try to go in October as it's not hot and there is less chance of getting burned to a crisp by the sun.  However weather is pretty sketchy.  You just never know this time of year.  Maybe we can try one in November and see how that is.

 Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good luck with the photos. The older generations (at least in my family) didn't have time for pictures...