Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Thanksgiving Preps

This has been a busy week.  Hence the late post.  I can't even tell you what I have been busy with specifically as I sit here.  Just mundane life stuff mostly.  

Today we are rushing around trying to get all the preps done for the feast tomorrow.  Most everyone will be here this year.  No one taking a t-giving vacation elsewhere this time.  Glad for that.  We missed them last year and evidently my daughter-in-law No. 1 is every glad too.  She approached me at church Sunday telling me how excited she was to be coming this year.  She got very emotional about it.  It touched me deeply.  She also lost her Grandmother that week last year so that added to her emotions.  

Most all of the cooking will be done today.  No overly dark smoked turkey this year.  It's Baby Back Ribs.  I will be smoking them all day today.  The process is about 9 hours for me.  Using a rub I have never tried before.  That may be a mistake.  It's one Son#1 gave me and he loves it.  I wasn't going to use it but when I looked for mine, it wasn't the right one.  Ugh.  So the fire is going and the ribs are on the pit.




We will be going pretty much full out for the next 36-48 hours getting it all done.  Even with most of the cooking done we will still be busy tomorrow.  Friday will be much slower and time to cool our jets.  Thankfully the Longhorn's season will mercifully end then too.  Yes, I will watch even though I know I am setting myself up for more disappointment.  As long as I stay away from the crazies on the fan pages I should do OK.  

I sincerely hope y'all all have a great Thanksgiving this year.  Try to forget all the things that make you tight in the jaws.  It isn't worth it to worry about the things you have no control over.  Just turn it over to the Lord.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!