Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Cooking/Baking Today

We got the patio painted yesterday.  All except the trim.  It took much longer than I thought it would.  And I paid the price for it.  Much ibuprofen and acetaminophen was needed after.  I'm OK today but still feeling the after effects in my neck and shoulders.  Having almost no discs there is not fun.  The trim may get started on Wednesday.  By started I mean just that.  Painting trim usually takes me longer to do than walls/ceilings.  Plus I am not sure I have enough paint.  I will use up what I have before I go buy more.  

While on my uneventful morning walk we were nearing home when I smelled this very musky pungent stench.  I knew immediately what it was and had to stop to see where he was.  A really big buck (sorry no pics) was laying down back from the road and there was a doe laying near him about 30' from me.  He wasn't letting her out of his sight.  The bucks have been in full force rut for a couple weeks now.  I have seen a lot more big bucks this year than previous years and all of them are in really good shape.  Nice racks, most all with very tall tines.  Beautiful.  I don't take many photos of them anymore, I have done that a lot in the past.  I try to keep an eye out for them to keep from seeming to be a threat to them.  Now I just enjoy the show.

Today I need to make some bread.  We have been out a few days.  I will also make a pot of my Carne Guisada and a pot of Mexican Rice.  This will take up a few hours.  I have to pay attention when cooking that many things at the same time.  I can miss a step or ingredients as I have in the past.  I don't need to have my attention diverted by trying to paint too.  I can see something bad happening then.

My Longhorns are a mess.  They are really playing some bad football right now.  I expected some with a new coach and new QB's and all new coaching staff.  But I have faith that this new staff will get over the hump, if not next year the following.  I follow a couple groups that are fans and the comments they make about the team are frustrating.  They all seem to know what needs to be done and a lot even what the new coach fired or should never have fired the previous coach(there were multiple reasons he should have been fired-not all just winning).  Fans are fickle. Longhorn fans seem to be the worst.  Of course I understand winning cures a lot of ills.  But for a true winning program to get started more patience is needed.  I see cracks, but most of those issues are player execution.  Oh well I could go on with my opinions but watching them now isn't much fun and hasn't been for over a decade.  That hurts a life long fan.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yay for getting the painting mostly done. And yes, watch those bucks. They are 'stupid' this time of the year... sigh

Randy said...

Old NFO-yes they are. I have seen a lot of bigger bucks this year and everyone has that glazed eye look lol