Saturday, November 13, 2021

Day Trip

Friday as we were doing the morning thing 'K' said "Let's go to the coast."  That was not on my radar at all.  I had planned on finishing up the painting of the trim on the patio.  I had also discovered I needed a second coat on the ceiling.  As I muddled around I checked the weather for Padre Island near Bob Hall Pier.  In the 70's very light winds and mostly sunny.  Perfect.  So we rushed around gathering a few things, snacks, chairs, ice chest, dog, dog crate.  

The beach was very clean and very smooth.  As good as I have ever seen it and the water was clear for a change.


Snickers kept his distance from the scary water


 A Grackle at the beach.  Never have I seen one there before.  He was pretty bold trying to mooch snacks.



Keeping us safe from the dangerous beach birds


This guy had a one wheel electric skate board-pretty cool


I takes us just under 4 hours to get from home to a spot on the beach.  We just walk up and down the beach and sit and enjoy the beauty of God's creation for a couple hours and then head home.  Can't get much more relaxing than that.  But then I had to navigate through the rush hour traffic once back in S.A.  The entire width, about 35 miles.  It was a mess.  There went the relaxation lol.  Oh, and I didn't get stuck this time.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Still sounds like a good day overall! :-)