Thursday, May 20, 2021

Been a Long Week

The plumbers, didn't make it out Monday.  Somehow we didn't get on the schedule and they had no record of my call.  They squeezed us in on Tuesday.  They arrived during a tropical downpour.  So the outside work installing a new PRV would have to be rescheduled.  They did replace the cutoff valve for the dishwasher along with a new supply line.  They got it done very quickly and fairly cheap.  I did not reschedule for the PRV.  A little research reveals those thing last about a year, 3 at the most, 3 months at the least.  I will shop around for a plumber that may do the work a little cheaper.  Just swapping it out was going to be $600.  I got it installed for $350 less than 5 years ago.  I'm mot inclined to spend that kind of money every few years when I haven't had and pressure issues in recent history (15 YRS or so).  I have an expansion chamber on the hot water heater so there's that protection.  I won't be in a hurry.

Still no news from the estimator on the work repairs/renovation to be done.  The insurance did pay the leak detectors finally.  So they won't be dunning me any more.

We are in shopping mode for a replacement dishwasher.  'K' has changed her mind on the color.  From black to white.  We have a black stove and a stainless fridge.  She made this change since we will have the cabinets painted white.  This after us spending time on restaining and polyurethaning theme last year.  White cabinets will solve the issue of floor coloring.  She doesn't seem bothered by 3 mismatch colored appliances.  No, I won't replace the others to match when they still work fine.  We are currently considering Bosch or LG dishwashers.  Reading reviews, they all have had some issues even with new ones.  Just the nature of the beast that something can go wrong with anything you buy regardless of the brand.  Oh, the estimator told us that they will most likely have to replace some of the cabinets due to water damage.  So they can add painting them to their list and not have to match out stain job, which they could never do lol.

After another fiasco shopping at Lowe's, I have sworn them off for good after the latest.  Even online shopping is a mess.  I did that to avoid the incompetent sales staff.  The bright spot was the delivery guy.  He wasn't surprised at the trouble I had.  He confirmed that the new way of business is to hire young no nothing kids and get rid of the old hands.  They have no one to take responsibility to verify online orders.  He was the only one that had a CDL so they kept him around, when they have gone to third party delivery.  I'll just bite the bullet on saving any money due to low price, it's mot worth the aggravation even after they refunded my delivery fee as an appeasement.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yay for people getting paid. That is usually an issue with the insurance companies... sigh Sorry to hear the issues with Lowes, I've done the same with Home Despot for the same reasons (and not getting veteran's discount even WITH a retired ID).