Monday, May 3, 2021

Humidity and Snickers

It is very sultry today.  Full sunshine and high temps is affecting the ground where all the recent rains have hit.  I got the walk with the dog in earlier than usual trying to avoid the high humidity.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow again.  I am holding off on the weed eating.

Snickers, our dog has gotten out a couple times recently.  He has taken to digging under the fence.  We had placed landscape timbers and rocks and firewood to prevent it.  It has worked pretty well but looks crappy.  He has been very intent on the area behind us as deer hang out there and yesterday a terrapin by the fence was driving him nuts.  Now the fawns are dropping and one was up against the fence.  

WE have been searching half heartedly for a solution to his digging under the fence.  I had a fence charger that was pretty much a failure with Buster.  So that was out.  Our neighbors had a similar issue and we will use their solution.  Concrete brick stepping stones.  They are 16"x8"x2".  WE will lay them around the perimeter just under the fence mesh.  This will keep him from digging and he can't move them like he does with some of the rocks.  I will need about 160 of them and they will have to be delivered.  They were cheaper than Home Depot but they had none at the local stores and couldn't give me a delivery date.  I will wait a few days and if they don't give me a date I will go with HD, even though it will cost me about 90$ more.  I have never been a fan of Lowe's.  But I want to save a few $$.

Out to see Mom today.  Gotta go.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That's one 'nice' thing about fences up here, they have poured concrete bases six inches wide and a foot or so deep. Most dogs aren't going to dig out of that :-)