Thursday, April 29, 2021

Oh My Head

We are finally getting some significant rain here.  They had just recently upped our water restrictions, so I'm told, to stage 2 due to the drought.  This is usually a wetter time of year with next month being the wettest month historically.  This wet weather did come with some pretty severe weather,  Twisters, 100 mph winds, hail and heavy rain.  We watched it approach from the West for a couple hours until we could tell the worst would pass to our South.  Then I was awakened by thunder at 3 AM.  It didn't last long and didn't keep me awake a significant time.  I checked on my weather app to see if anything was severe before I went back to sleep.

Today has seen several showers with the chance for more throughout the day.  We sure need it.  Glad I got the yard cut yesterday.  I didn't get to weed eat.  I will need to cut the grass again before I can weed eat it seems.  The weather will stay wet a couple days they say.  The grass will go nuts in that time.  

I was noticing some imperfections in our flooring in the main part of the house the other day.  I installed Pergo a few years back, maybe 15 years or so.  Started looking closer and some of it seems to be what I call delaminated underneath.  Sort of a bubbling of the wood.  Then I find that the joints are slightly raised in quite a few places, even becoming uneven in spots.  Only thing I can think of is that over time the shifting of the house has put stress on the joints.  I don't think there is a slab issue as I see no other tell tale signs, like cracked sheet rock.  

Not sure what we will do.  If we replace it, I am not the guy to do that this time.  The old flooring will have to be removed including some ceramic tile in the kitchen.  That is due to 'K' wanting it all to be the same type floor.  Then there would be the moving of all the furniture I can no longer do.  I have no idea if a contractor could relocate the furniture around his work or does it have to be removed completely.  Also the removal of the tile and the sanding the floor to remove the mortar etc.  It makes my head hurt thinking about it.  It doesn't bother 'K' at all.  It's not fun having a bit of an obsessive personality.  Obsessing about the painting I have been working is bad enough lol.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Settling/shifting is a fact of life in Texas...sigh. The flooring people will move furniture, but they charge by the hour to do that, IIRC...