Monday, March 29, 2021

Late Start Today

I didn't roll out of bad until 8:20 this morning and I didn't really want to.  But I know how I am, even if I am still very sleepy my mind is aware that it is morning and day light is burning, even if I don't have anything to do.  I can't go back to sleep once I wake.  I woke up last night at 2:30 am for some reason.  I was wide awake and tossed and turned until 3:30 am so I decided to get up to keep from waking the slumbering 'K' with all my thrashing about.  I read for about an hour and started to feel a small touch of drowsy so I laid on the couch and actually fell asleep.  I was awakened by a happy little pup that jumped on me to say good morning about 6:30.  'K' was then up so I snuck back to bed.  Hence the late start.

We have started trying to take down all the dead vegetation the Snowvid left us.  Most things that will green up again have already started.  So most anything else is getting cleaned out.  I started feeling the lack of stamina really quickly.  Being locked down and closed in for all these months have really taken a toll on an old man.  I have been out walking Snickers almost every day but it hasn't helped much in the stamina department.  The weather today is perfect for this kind of work.  I am taking a short break and will try to get a little more done after.  'K started helping me with the clean up but she had to go get her crown fitted.  

Interesting week for us.  We came home one day and found this guy in our fire place behind the glass doors.


Heard of this happening with others but in 30+ years it never happened to us.  I opened the doors, it squawked, landed on the hearth then flew across the room and hit the window.  As you can see he was still woozy from the head knock.  He finally seemed to come around and hopped into the woods behind us.  I thought he was a mocking bird at first but didn't quite look right.  He is a curved bill Thrasher as per google.  Very pretty amber eyes you can't see here.

Saturday night we went to a fund raising event we help with.  We are part of a chapter here in Texas of Sacred Selections.  Ours is the Hill Country Chapter.  WE raise funds to help Christian Families adopt babies and children so they are brought up in a home with Christian Values.  We raised just over 194,000$ in two hours.  It is very moving to see the generosity of fellow Christians digging deep to help strangers, but they are Brothers and Sisters in Christ, so not really strangers.

We also went to the grocer and Costco.  At the grocer we saw this. 


Godzilla needs to eat too.  

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sounds like an interesting week! And I'm dreading tearing out the stuff that didn't survive the snowcalpse... sigh