Monday, March 15, 2021

Following Up

I mentioned in my last post that getting the vaccine has had another effect.  No, not side effects.  'K' informed me she wants to get on the road with a trip soon.  We had wanted to do some road tripping this past year and then the Chinaflu hit and canceled all that.  I hadn't even considered it and was a bit surprised.  

She got on the internet and started looking at destinations and what was available.    I know a lot of states etc. are still shut down to visitors and require you quarantine about 10 days when you get there.  At least they were last time I checked which has been a good while.  I don't want to stay anywhere for 10 days other than my home.  Not sure this dampened her desire.  I have no inclination to go anywhere.  I didn't tell her as I know it would crush her.  It has nothing to do with the kung flu or availability.  I just don't have that 'feeling' I get when I want a road trip.  No idea why that is.  It's probably age related.  

It is also time for me to try to get more of the painting completed we started last Spring.  I have about 2 months before it gets too hot for me to be out painting.  That may seem like plenty, but when I can only work like that about 2 hours a day plus many of those days have weather issues, that's just not a lot of time.  I have been obsessing over it already.  She wants this road trip to start May 1.  Ugh.

I really don't want to break her heart since we have been through so much over last 7/8 years.   

We have had no ill effects from the vaccine as of today.  No third eye or any other appendage has sprouted...yet.  Praying that we never will.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

A local (e.g. in state) one I would recommend is Panhandle Plains Museum in Amarillo, also the AQHA museum is there. Both are EXCELLENT if you have never seen them.

Randy said...

Old NFO-I've never been tp Palo Duro Canyon. I want to eventually, maybe those could be added to a trip.