Monday, April 5, 2021

It's Been a Good Week and This One Is Starting Out Well

I hope y'all had a great Easter.  Both boys and their families came to the house.  We didn't cook.  Everyone just stopped on the way over and picked up what they wanted.  We were supposed to eat it together.  However one of them was running a bit late since they needed to go by their home after church and get their dog.  They wanted to introduce him to our Snickers.  Well that didn't go so well and we ate in shifts while others tried to get the dogs used to each other.  At first it looked like it might go well then 'Moose' snapped at Snickers.  Well Snickers has no back down in him even though he is only about 17 lbs and Moose is about 90 lbs.  Not sure this will ever work out.  When it seemed they were getting to tolerate each other one or the other would make a menacing move toward the other.  

I got up on the roof earlier this morning and finished painting  the chimney.  It's only the trim I needed to finish.  Don't look too close.  At least I got that out of the way and it has given me incentive to get more done.  And yes, I had to try and keep from stepping in coon/fox poop behind the chimney.  I have no idea why they do that but it's irritating.


I got my last Chinaflu shot on April 1.  No ill effects at all.  'K' and my Mom get theirs this week.  'K' will spend that night with Mom to see that she does OK and will get hers on the way home.  Then we hope to loose the reigns a bit and may start back to services at our church instead of our kids.  

We did get some great news last week.  Our oldest Granddaughter was baptized into Christ.  Her Dad got to do it.  What a great memory for him.  Our hearts are full at this new addition to the Kingdom of God.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good news, and nice job on the painting!