Monday, March 22, 2021

Another Vet Visit

This past week we had to take Snickers to the vet again.  He had been throwing up and not eating and was lethargic.  It started last weekend and then the next day he was his old self, until that evening and it hit again.  We talked to the vet on the phone and they thought it was serious enough that we bring him in.  They had no appointments but if we could bring him and leave him they would try to see him in between appointments.  Initial exams turned up nothing so they wanted to xray and do a blood test to rule out other things.  They were looking for a possible blockage that happens so often on dogs.  It is even more likely in a puppy that will chew and eat things he shouldn't.  Snickers had brought in a piece of firewood earlier and had scattered the bark all over so he could have ingested that.  Maybe it cause a blockage.  Fortunately nothing showed up and they believe he just at something that gave him and intestinal infection.  His small intestine was distended with gas so he was pretty uncomfortable.  A couple shots and antibiotics and $400+ he is back to his old self.  Now Momma is relieved and happy,  and you know what they say, 'when Momma's happy, everyone's happy.

No plans this week.  Watching the weather to see if I can get out and start painting.  I am not wanting to do that much but yet I am anxious to get it done.  

I was surprised to see a few Bluebonnets sticking up in the back yard this past week.  


It is much later than usual, thanks to the Snowpocalypse we had.  I didn't think we would have any.  I am still waiting on some hedges to start sprouting green like the oaks have.  Nothing yet.  I hope we didn't lose them all but it's not promising.  Neither have the potted plants sprouted any green yet either.  If they don't most likely I will plant some tomatoes in those pots since I am not planting a garden this year.  

I got a dog to walk, Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad the pup appears to be okay! I'm waiting to see what doesn't come back as far as the shrubs... I think most of them will not make it back. Sigh