Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year 2024-Resolutions?

We went to bed early last night, somewhere between 10:30 and 11.  No partying for us.  Which is pertty normal.  We aren't partying folks, at least I'm not.  Plus, none of our friends are either, so we don't get invited to any.  I am fine with that.  Even the massive amount of fireworks that happens around us was subdued thankfully.  We live out in the county so there are no regulations on fireworks.  Our neighbors usually go all out with them and must invite all their friends with the amount we usually hear.  We were not awakened by them this time.  We usually stay up till midnight when most of them are set off because we know there will be NO sleeping.  Thankfully our pups don't freak out from them like every other dog we have had.  If you have dogs you will know that is a blessing.

Do you make resolutions?  We don't.  I have tried and failed in the past.  In my younger years, one of my aunts was surprised that I didn't and told me we all need to take stock of our lives and make improvements to be better.  So I was humbled into doing it.  After a few years of trying and realizing how silly it was I quit.  I also realized that my religious beliefs pretty much caused me to do that all year long.  Not so much resolutions, but becoming a more godly person.  Yes, I fail that too, but that is the beauty of the repentance and forgiveness we are offered through the blood of Jesus.  We can be for given through true repentance.  Well enough preaching for today.  

I hope you all have a great and happy new year.  The last 3 have been pretty rough in our country and I am not sure much will change this year but I always pray for that and only work on the things I can control.  I guess if I have a real resolotion it would be to do just that and not worry about the things I have no control over and put them in God's hands.

Happy Trails

No comments: