Monday, February 6, 2023

The Aftermath

The latest Winter Storm wreaked havoc with the Oak trees here in my neighborhood.  I have a lot of limbs that were broken and fell in the yard.  We have had quite few ice storms while we have been here.  But none did the damage to my trees (and the neighborhood trees) like this one.  It never got real cold but stayed just below freezing for more than 48 hours.  On top of that, it rained almost the entire time, 2 inches worth.  That caused a lot of ice to form on the trees causing many limbs to break.  Some fared much worse than we did.  We only lost limbs, no real damage to the house or cars.  We had to move some big limbs just to get our car out of the driveway.  And then more limbs fell there after.  Below is just a small sample of what we are dealing with.  Even more fell the next day.




Double the amount you see below is what we have


There are a lot of contractors out here making good quick money.  I am waiting for one to stop by and give me a bid.  There is one next door right now I will flag down.  All this on top of trying to get my Mother packed for the upcoming move in less than three weeks plus the everyday stuff.


Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

At least none of them hit the house! Good luck with your mother!