Monday, February 20, 2023

Last Day of Packing Before Tomorrow's Big Move

Today, Monday is the last day before the movers come to get everything of my Mother's things to her new place.  I had planned to head over with 'K' this morning. or at least tomorrow for the actual more.  However 'K' believes having less people around is less stressful for my Mother.  She has been pretty confused and calls 'K' over and over about the same things.  The closer the move gets, it has caused her more stress.  The more stress, the less capable she is and more confused.  Hopefully 'K' and my sister-in-law can get things wrapped up for the big day and help my Mother be a little calmer.  We are looking forward to a little down time from all this later this week.  Or maybe later.  I anticipate a lot of phone calls from her the first few days, trying to find her things and her way around the facility.  There will be some adjustments as we learned from her first move with my Dad a few years ago. 

Tomorrow is 'K's birthday.  I will make it up to her when this is over.  A great steak is something she always enjoys at her favorite steak house.

I will try to stay busy to keep my mind moving while all this is gong on.  I will start cleaning out the years of collected junk etc. in my garage.  There is enough there to keep me very busy but I also need to head to the grocery store.  That will take precedent and then...

Happy Trails



2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Prayers that it goes well, and Happy Birthday to K!

Randy said...

Old NFO-Thank you so much.