Monday, January 30, 2023

Weather and Errands

We have gotten another howling cold front down here in Southern Texas.  Not freezing yet, but it's wet on top of the wind and the cold.  The temps keep dropping and it won't take much to reach freezing.  Then things get real dicey with as wet as it is.  No one here knows how to drive on ice.  I live in the hills so it makes it even less safe if I can even get out of my sloped driveway.  I have put off a couple errands I needed to make.  I have a new pair of glasses waiting for me at Costco plus a long list of things we need from there.  I put off filling my gas tank too, which I rarely do.  So I have delayed heading out by baking the week's loaf of bread, hoping things may get a little better.  But at some point I will have to go, before it freezes.  'K' was going to go with me, but the Granddaughter is here.  We will keep her inside instead.  

'K' will head over to my Mother's with my Sister-in-Law on Tuesday to help with packing and prepping for her move.  (Hopefully the weather will cooperate).  She has been obsessing over the move.  Vacillating back and forth about it.  She has also been tying to do things for the move herself and calls 'K' overwhelmed.  She isn't supposed to be doing anything.  She gets confused about what she needs to do and calls 'K' complaining about how much she has to do, which is really nothing.  It will all get taken care of by either us or the movers.  She can't separate the things she needs to take with the things that are unnecessary in her mind.  Some things don't need to be moved at all but she doesn't seem to understand that.  Not sure what I would do if  'K' wasn't here to handle this.  She treats my Mother as if she were her own.  She's a keeper.

Happy Trails   

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hope things work out all around. And the streets were dry up here within 12 hours.

Randy said...

Old NFO-thanks, we are frozen in here. All things are at a standstill until late Wednesday it appears.