Monday, January 23, 2023

It Appears to be Happening

My Mother has agreed to move to a facility for elder care.  Don't get me wrong, she has been talking about this since before my Dad passed and at one time they did move, for 6 months.  At this time she will live independently.  However we do have concerns that other care may be needed.  Today 'K' and my Sister-in-law will take her over to sign up and give her deposit (they call it a buy in) for an apartment at a place much closer to us.  This facility was chosen as it has graduated care.  She could move into more intense care as it becomes needed.  It's very emotional for her and all the stress has hampered her memory even more.  Hopefully the doctor appointment tomorrow will give us some guidance about her memory care.  The plan now is to have her moved in by mid-February.  It appears to be happening, but she has changed her mind multiple times as the time nears.  

Once this happens then we will begin the process of emptying her house of the remaining items that she did not take with her.  The family will most likely take some or buy some from her.  Then we hope to hire some one to sell the rest.  I learned with my Grandparents (they pretty much raised me until school age) sale, that I am not emotionally equipped to be around others that will be rummaging through their lives trying to make a deal.  They can be very callous.  I am sure something would come out of my mouth that shouldn't.  We are praying for the best.


Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, pay somebody DO NOT try to do it yourself...