Monday, January 9, 2023

Quiet Today

'K' has headed over to my Mother's.  She has been talking a lot about moving into a facility.  This has been going on for quite a while but the frequency has increased.  One she and 'K' visited has an opening for the apartment she looked at and loved.  'K' will try to get the conversation started about it.  But my Mother forgets a lot of things and changes her mind constantly, so any progress will be slow.  We also hope to start the conversation about her being looked at by her doctor about help with her memory and confusion.  She has never been tested for anything involving that.  We have some concerns and having a doctor tell her things is more effective coming from him than from us.  The doctor also was not receptive to 'K' being there with her the last time she went.  He wanted no input from her, and I think that may be vital in this situation.  We will try to get her in to the PA she likes.  There is much more I could talk about here but I don't think it's appropriate.  I may have gone a bit far with this as it is.  So if things don't add up in what I wrote, I hope you will understand.   One of the things that make it difficult, she looks 20 years younger than her 90 years and is very healthy for the most part.

The weather has been and is perfect for me to be outside working on things that need my attention.  However the wind and Mountain Cedar pollen are really high.  'K' is severely allergic.  Me being outside working and coming into the house sets her allergy off.  It seems to stick to me even though I can't see it.  I feel torn but concern for her will keep me inside other than short ventures.  I walked the dogs after she left so I hope it will disperse before she returns.  I have plenty of other things I could be doing inside.  

I will try to relish the quiet today and up until Friday and on into the weekend.  All three Grandkids will descend on us for a couple days.  Both sets of parents have things they need to do and the kids being with them would hinder things a bit.  So we are the benefactors.  Mostly it's good thing.  It can be a challenge at times with two young teens.  

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Prayers for the issues with your mother. Enjoy the grands!

Randy said...

Old NFO-thank you