Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Honey Do List Grows

I started making a list of things I have been putting off until cooler weather comes along.  It started out with just 3 things and has more than doubled in as many days.  Most of the things on the list will take multiple days of work.  So even though the list may be short (but it keeps growing) they will take some time to accomplish.  Hopefully we won't have as cold of a fall/winter as we have had the past two years.  That way I can get most of them done.  Number one on the list is to finish up painting the house.  Yes, it's been at least 3 years since I started but I don't have a lot left to do, it's just that the areas needing the paint are the hardest to do physically for my old wore out body.  Most will be high up on an extended ladder around 16'.  It will require many many ups and downs of the ladder.  But once it's done I should be good for a few years.  Then I will hire it done if it even needs it again in my lifetime.  I just don't want to fall off the ladder again being much older now, so I have to have a spotter and there is only one available...my lovely wife.

I still marvel at my laziness.  I never used to let things sit due to weather/heat/cod issues.  I was the type that if I had something that needed to be done it gone done in short order if I could afford it.  Age creeps up on us all and affects us all in different degrees.  I have an Uncle that is ten years older (pushing 80) and I know he can outwork me and most men half his age.  I feel older than he looks.

Mom's 90th Birthday Party went pretty well and she seemed pleased but tired early.  We went over Monday to set up her Life Alert we convinced her to get.  She was still pretty tired from the party and I could see some of the instructions were confusing her.  All the attention just wore her out evidently.  She seemed better later in the day but I could see she was spent before we left.

She is talking more and more about moving somewhere.  She will go with 'K' and my sister-in-law to look at some places.  So the ball is rolling but we still have some obstacles that are mostly things that really are no issue but to her they are huge.  She is saying it will take a year for her to move.  That may kill us all.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Ah yes, honeydo lists... sigh Glad the birthday went relatively well.