Monday, September 5, 2022

Wacky Weather, the Garden and CBD

This morning was the first cool morning since Spring.  A sure sign Fall is coming and very welcome my walk.  We had 70* but with 90% humidity with a very clear sky.  Weird.  Usually with 90% humidity we have very cloudy skies.  We missed most of the rain that has been scattered around the area for the last week.  But the cloud cover has keep the heat way down.  Unusual for August which is traditionally the hottest month here.  It seems May and August switched roles this year.  

Not a lot been happening here, I did get started on the Honey Do list since the weather was a bit cooler.  Trimmed a bunch of limbs that were hanging over my fence in the back.  There is a vacant lot behind us that has quite a bit of foliage.  I also hammered down nails in the fence that work their way back out and then took some linseed oil to very small parts of it.  Hope that helps it resist the water a little more and it brightened it up some and it is not the dull grey it had been.  

I am having some issues with my tomatoes.  The few tomatoes I get are very spotty, mostly on top.  In the past I tell it was stink bugs.  They would get on the tomatoes and sting them and leave those spots but all over, not just on top.  I sent a pic to one of my friends that has more experience than I with tomatoes.  First thing he said was stink bugs.  There are no stink bugs, at all.  With that info he said he had no idea.  So we have been cutting the top half off the tomatoes before we use them.  I will try to do some research soon to see if there is something I can do about it.  The potatoes I planted have sprouted.  Very pleased with that.  I hope there is enough warm weather they can do their thing and have a decent harvest.


If you know what this is please let me know.

I am hoping to find some heritage tomatoes for next year.  None of the nurseries sell them so I need to find a source.  I don't really want to try growing them from seed.  But I will start looking around and see what I need to do.  

I have been considering CBD gummies for my chronic pain in my shoulders caused by the crushed discs in my neck.  It has been really bad lately.  I know nothing other than the advertisements that have all the BS.  I take mostly ibuprofen and acetaminophen or both most nights in order to sleep a little.  I need an alternative due to the worry about the damage those pain relievers can cause.  Today I think I will visit a store near me that sells that CBD stuff and see what they have to say.

Happy Trails 

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, time to start prepping for winter. No idea on the tomatoes. Did you try the local farm bureau? They might know.

Not a clue on CBDs...