Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Blood Work Results

Finally got blood work results from my recent doc visits.  First off, no detectable cancer.  Always glad to hear that.  This makes the eight year since finding my cancer.  The Urologist says 2 more years of monitoring.  That will be great, one less doctor appointment.  He also moved me out to one a year instead of every 6 months for checks.  I am certainly blessed.  

As for the regular doctor visit.  My diabetes blood work wasn't near as good as I wanted it.  The last 6 months I have struggled with blood sugar numbers.  It's been worse since COVID.  From way too low to way to high.  For those that know what A1C is, my latest was 6.4.  The doctor was very happy with that.  Me, not so much.  I was 5.9 last time.  That's a significant change.  The doc doesn't like it below 6.0.  To much risk of low blood sugar which can be fatal.  I watch it pretty close and can detect the signs and make adjustments.  My preference is to be below 6.0 due to my diabetic neuropathy.  It keeps it at bay.  With the bouts I have had with it, I would rather take a low blood sugar risk than live with neuropathy 24/7.  The lower my A1C is the less I feel it.  But I have to keep it there for a period of time to notice any effects lessening.

K and I are headed out for drive, despite gas prices.  No idea where to, just get in and go and see where we wind up.  It won't be long, maybe a couple hours.  We just need to get out.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

At least most of it is good news. Yes, enjoy the drive. Sometimes just getting out of the house is good! As a kid, I always enjoyed the Sunday drives just to go 'somewhere'...