Thursday, August 25, 2022

Plumbers

Over the last couple weeks we had been experiencing water pipes knocking inside our walls when we would run water or flush.  Sometimes it was really bad.  So bad you would think they were going to rattle loose from their connections.  I have grown up with that happening a few times in other houses and was always told it was air in the lines.  I got on the www to see what I could do about that.  Drain the lines and let the water run for a bit.  After 3 tries it was still doing it to varying degrees.  Some info I read said to wait a couple weeks and it 'might' correct itself.  But it was pretty bad and things I read said it could cause leaks at connections plus 'K' was more worried than I was.  A call was placed and they showed up early on the same day.  When does that ever happen?  They diagnosed it pretty quickly.  A faulty PRV.  They got it changed out and also found a leak in the pipe next to it.  It took less than an hour for them to get it changed out and fix the leak.  No more knocking and 'K' is happy.  

That makes three times I have had a plumber out this year.  I haven't called a plumber out that many times in my entire life.  A water heater, a leaky supply line I couldn't get to and now this PRV.  The PRV cost me half of what another company would have charged me.  I didn't have to dig or bend over and stress my wore out back.  Plus I found a great plumbing company that is very close.  I hope I don't need them any time soon but I know I can rely on them if and when.  

OK, we're off to get the Granddaughter and groceries and probably Whataburger.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good news, at least it wasn't a major issue!

Randy said...

Old NFO-yup, it could have been a lot worse