Monday, August 8, 2022

Lot of Things Running Through My Noggin

We have been cleaning house all morning.  We had been slacking lately and there were dog fur balls every where.  We could have made another dog.  Still have some to do but lunch slowed everything down.  Not sure what the rest of the day will hold for us.

As for the dogs, they have gotten to the point they really like each other and will play quite a bit.  Abby holds her own for the most part but is smaller, not as fast nor strong enough to hold off Snickers.  She will finally get enough and hide out if not jump in our laps.  She is feeling confident enough with us she tries to boss my around lol.  We took her to the groomer last week.  It wasn't near as expensive as I thought it might be for such a little furball.  So we will try to make it a regular thing.  They remove a lot of the undercoat on her (she is a double coated dog) and that helps keep the shedding down.  

My mother will have an arteriogram tomorrow.  She has been having some weird things happen with her hands and finger.  They turn blue.  The doctor is concerned but no real diagnosis yet.  He did mention one thing that was concerning.  Mom didn't hear him and we are glad for that.  We don't want her to have any additional concerns until there is something to be concerned about.  Her anxiety might really increase with that info.  We will just wait for the results.

I am very confused by this fight inflation bill the dems are pushing through.  (I'm not really)  How does spending more money you don't have fight inflation?  All they say is, it will but can't explain it.  There is a lot of pork in there too, a huge portion of it going to green energy.  If green energy is so great, why can't it support itself?  I have no issue having it supplement our energy grid but if you have to fund it to keep it going and especially at the expense of the rest of the 'reliable' grid it's just insanity.  Obviously legislators have their hand in someone's pocket.  Yes, I'm looking at you Manchin.  But he's not the only one, there are a lot of local and state legislators that do it too.  Yes, this is a very simple view of it.  I am aware it gets much more complicated but only in a bad way.  You and I are paying the price.  

'K' is telling me she thinks we need a generator.  I don't know if she has thought it out at all or any details.  We discussed it a while back.  I have never used a generator or ever really been around them other than seeing a few construction guys using them to power saws etc.  I've learned a little about the conventional generator versus an invertor generator.  But still am pretty ignorant about them.  I do have some friends that have gotten either a whole house generator or have a potable one that can be used to power most thing in their house.  Thanks to some of y'all I know about the dual or tri fuel ones that are available.  Ugh.  I keep putting it off.  I may regret this.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Well, some good news at least with the dogs. Do your research on the gensets! Figure out what you want to/need to power and make sure you have adequate amperage for BOTH startup and running.