Friday, May 27, 2022

Uvalde, Memorial Day and Rain Finally

I may not post next week.  I 'usually' post on Monday but we will be having all the kids over for hot dogs and games.  They are all off and that will allow everyone to attend.  A post later next week is always a possibility, but I have gotten very lazy over the last few years with posting regular.  So who knows.
I don't want to ignore what has happened in Uvalde.  I knew quite a few people there back in the day.  Most all were work related friends and acquaintances.  Most all very good small town folks.  I hate what happened there with the senseless loss of life.  I won't bore you with my thoughts, there are enough people doing that all over the world.  The only thing I will say is that those that use this tragedy to advance a political agenda are reprehensible.  If you look a little you will find enough stupidity with all the other opinions.  I won't add to that.  

Harvested the first 1/2 dozen tomatoes from the garden this past week.  Also some loss due to an animal getting there and ruining a few tomatoes.  They don't even eat them except and attempt on one and others on broken limbs just lying on the ground.  I will try a couple other pieces of chicken wire, but I think these may be squirrels and I doubt that will deter them.  

We finally got a little rain.  0.9 of an inch.  Was much needed and perked everything up quickly but we need much much more.  I was able to skip my watering day.  The deer have returned to the yard.  Not as much as before.  We have water out for them and I saw them use it.  I was also able to feed them some carrots.  A few took them right from my hand.  But when one gets close enough, they dominate the carrots and keep the others away lol.  

I am very mindful of the upcoming Memorial Day.  Those that have given their lives for our liberty should warrant our thoughts and thanks and not just a hot dog cook out or mattress sale.  Take a moment, say a prayer of thanks for their sacrifice and that of their families.  

Happy Trails