Sunday, May 15, 2022

Another Hot One

This past weekend we broke some heat records for this time of year.  Triple digits are pretty rare here in May.  But we have done it several times now.  The mornings have included high humidity, we have had in the 80%, but it will get down into the 20% when the heat is on.  May is usually a pretty humid month and so is June.  The low humidity is a blessing with the higher temps.  Maybe my garden won't have as many ill effects due to the higher temps.  More heat is predicted for this week.

I am up to 33 straight days of doing my walking early in the mornings.  That doesn't count Sundays when I don't walk.  I hope to break last years number of I think is 82 days, I'll have to look it up.  I get earlier each passing week trying to be the heat.  It's not a lot but at least it's something.  I will be trying a longer route in the coming week.  But it will require me to use a street that has more vehicles heading to work.  And they don't always drive safely.  We don't have shoulders to move onto just the rough uneven ground.  Maybe I could increase my pace instead.  

Not much else going on around here as usual.  Head in to let the eye doc take another look at my post surgery eyes and get a prescription for readers.  I am getting more used to the changes cataract surgery has brought.  Things are still a little strange at times but it's getting better.  Time will tell.

Question to ponder.  If we didn't have social media or even the internet and a corrupt media, would things seem as bad as they do now?  As a perspective compare that to the great depression and WW2 era.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad the eyes are better! Re your question, I don't think so, but I'm also not sure we would be getting the truth from the media.