Thursday, May 19, 2022

Set Back?

The eye check up didn't go very well.  It appears there is possibly something off kilter with one of my eyes.  While testing my vision for a new prescription they determined I am seeing worse than the previous test a month ago.  So they did some more testing and scanning.  They couldn't really detect anything wrong with the lens placement nor any inflammation, swelling or infection.  The lens did not appear to have been moved from me rubbing my eyes.  So the surgeon will take another look at another appointment.  The follow ups have been with the optometrists.  It may well be when I go back everything is fine and nothing will be needed.  Other options would be to tweak it with laser or even replace the lens.  They tell me it just doesn't meet their high standards and they want to get to the bottom of it.  It could be just the eye was too dry or I was dehydrated which happens pretty often with me being diabetic.  I trust this surgeon, I have been going to him twice a year for 15 years.  

We are set to break another record for heat here today.  Five days in a row.  Along with the drought and the harsh winter my grass in the yard has suffered badly and it shows.  Now with water restrictions and record heat I will probably lose some.  I have several bare patches already.  Today is my water day and I will be trying to get everything watered during my allotted time frame, 7AM to 11AM and 7PM to 11 PM.  It won't all get watered unfortunately and I am looking at a $200+ water bill this month.  That won't fly for the rest of the Summer.  One month maybe, but being that high all Summer?  The grass will just have to die or go dormant.  Most will die.  I have a lot of native grass that will come back thankfully.  I will keep the garden alive regardless.

Time to go set up my sprinklers.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear that. Hope it's easily fixable!