Monday, May 9, 2022

The Heat Is On

I hope all the Mothers out there had a great Mothers Day yesterday.  Y'all deserve it for sure, and more.  I know that I am blessed to still have my Mother, and then there is my amazing bride 'K' that deserves more than I can give her.  We had a very quiet Mothers Day.  'K' came down with a clod Saturday evening and I started feeling it Sunday morning.  So we stayed in from church and watched their broadcast on You Tube.  We let the kids know not to come over as planned as to avoid catching anything.  By Sunday evening we were mostly back to normal and this morning just a minor scratchy throat.  I made enchiladas and all the trimmings 'K' wanted anyway and she seemed to enjoy them. 

It was very hot here the last two days.  102 Saturday and 101 Sunday.  Both days started out very humid and turned drier by the peak thankfully.  We hid inside most of that time.  I watered the garden a little heavier and all the new plants.  I fear the early heat will set my tomato plants back.  When it gets too hot, they quit setting fruit.  I haven't had to deal with it this early before.  In June yes but early May?  I was already disappointed with the current production.  Very few green tomatoes and few new blooms.  I have been very diligent with pruning the suckers and feeding regularly.  I had hoped for good things this year.  The tons of foliage even stoked those hopes.  I used things I learned from utube to increase my yield and things aren't looking good for the expected yield.  Head scratching for sure.  More research is in order.  We are in for 97 today, better but still too hot this early.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad the day went well! And yes, weather is a 'tad' wierd... 106 up here yesterday, 102 predicted for today.