Monday, February 21, 2022

Family Tree Photo Project

 I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with this family tree photo thing we are trying to do.  I found more old photos that I had forgotten about.  It also included some 'K' was looking for from her family.  They are all different sizes and conditions.  My idea was to make B/W copies of all of them and then place them on the wall.  I was doing this to preserve the originals and not expose them to the environment more than they need to be and deteriorate even more.  I do like the idea of having all different size photos instead of all the same.  We have determined we have to use only direct lineage i.e. parents, grandparents, great grand parents etc.  We do not have room to add all the uncles, aunts cousins or even our siblings and their families, even when the photos may be great.  There has to be a limit/guideline.  Now how we place then on the wall is an issue.  Almost none of these 60-70 photos we have identified have a frame.  I would love if they weren't framed and some how stuck to the wall in a way they would not curl up on the edges like they do.  Currently we are at one photo per person or family group so this eliminates a lot of excellent photos that I love.  Getting frames all the same size would be easiest but not really what we want.  Oh, and we want to try making them all B/W except for those still living.  We are certainly open to ideas if you have any or how you handled something similar.  We have eliminated collage frames and one where you hang them by clips on a line just not what we want.  

I have not ruled out some sort of family history.  It is just a bunch of random info of various persons and it is in no fashion organized.  I just have to figure out the how to.

I am anxious to get outside and start on the yard work.  Cleaning up all the damaged plants, trimming shrubs and getting the garden ready.  I need garden soil, I could also use compost on my half acre of yard.  I have no truck to haul it in any more.  I figure 8 yards is what I need for the lawn.  Too much for a pickup.  I paid 26$ for half yard of garden mix I hauled myself 4 years ago.  I'm guessing around 1k to have it hauled.  Then I need to hire someone to spread it, ugh.  I think it can wait and I will concentrate on the garden this year.  I have a water heater going out and the plumbers are coming this Tuesday.  So that would more than take up what I would spend on the yard.  Momma likes her hot water bath and showers.  

Bunch of birthdays this month.  Mine, K's, Granddaughter #1 same day as K's, Granddaughter #2, Grandson, and Son #1.  It's like a second smaller Christmas for the kids and a small Christmas bill for the parents lol.  Son #1 has the same issue with the in-laws.  Ugh

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Not a clue on the frame issues. And yes, warm water is more important than the yard... :-)