Monday, February 7, 2022

Slow Monday Start

I'm really slow getting to the blog today.  It's almost noon here and I really haven't accomplished much.  Nothing on the schedule for today as usual just the routine things I always do.  Managed to get out pretty early for our walk, Snickers and me.  It was pretty crisp, 42 and a wind that was more evident than when I started.  It was nice to get out and moving again.  The weather is supposed be nice here for the whole week so I am hoping to get back into the exercise routine.  

We uncovered our plants yesterday.  Ugh, what a mess.  I had forgotten my usual heat lights and there is a lot of damage to the potted plants and the variegated ginger.  I think the roots were undamaged just wasn't cold enough for that.  The pot plants may be another story.  Looks like we will spend some time at the local nurseries this year.  I had planned to add a few new things to add some color anyway plus getting the vegetable garden going again. 

The family and a couple friends came out to the house Saturday to celebrate Kaylee's 3rd birthday with a little party.  She has been talking about her party for a couple weeks.  As soon as she walked in the first thing out of her mouth, 'where's the party?' that cracked us all up of course.  Even her other Grandparents made a flight from Phoenix for her party.  She seemed to have a great time.  

I haven't wasted a second of my time watching any of the Olympics.  Other than not wanting to support anything regarding the chicoms, I have lost much interest in sports over the years for various reasons.  Most of it being the politics getting involved and all the woke crap that gets spewed.  I had been an avid Olympics watcher in years past but also noticed my interest waning over time.  They just aren't like they were in the years past with the video of the skiier crashing and the words 'agony of defeat' coming over the speaker.  Who was the main guy back then, Curt Gowdy?  Back in those days I watched nearly every second.  It may have something to do with how they are presented now.  Sorry, just musing to myself.

I have got bread to make, or English muffins.  I made some last week and they turned out pretty good and 'K' wants more.  So....



Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, weather is mild up here right now, nice to get out! And concur on the olympics. Good on the little one for wanting to party! :-)