Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Super Bowl

Nope, didn't watch a second of the super bowl.  Did you watch?  Thoughts?  Too woke for me.  Actually I have not watched the nfl for at least 14 years, it may be more.  Actually I don't watch any pro sports.  I don't want someone else's politics/beliefs/wokeness shoved down my throat.  They have gotten away from their true customer base, the sports fan.  I assume they are caving to their employees views and want to get into other forms of entertainment.  I certainly don't want to see the vulgar crotch grabbing of the halftime garbage.  (I read about it)

Same for the Olympics.  Used to be an avid viewer up until the last couple.  Same thing is happening there.  It is not anywhere near what I enjoyed in the past. 

I still watch college football but not as much as before, along with some college baseball.  Now with the NIL stuff and the transfer portal it isn't what it used to be.  Yes, there has all ways been the buying of players and not it is out in the open.  Maybe they o deserve to be paid to play, I really don't know and don't care to know, but when the money gets thrown around like it is now, it will ruin what I once enjoyed.  So what if my team is the beneficiary because they have the deepest pockets?  It just loses the appeal for me.  It has a taint to it.  I won't worry about it too much though.  As I have aged I have certainly lost a lot of interest in sports on any level.  Even hunting has little to no appeal to me anymore.  I would never have guessed that would ever happen.  I haven't fished in years either but I do think about getting the fly rod out and hitting the neighborhood lake.  So there is hope lol.

The ancestor photo project is stalled.  The Granddaughter tends to stall things here when she comes.  But that's OK.  Maybe I will get started on it again this week, but the weather seem to be getting really nice and the yard work is calling my name due to all the cold weather damage and the garden needs to be prepped.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

The game itself was actually good. Didn't watch the halftime show. Commercials were woke as you said... sigh