Monday, August 9, 2021

Painting Etc.

Nothing exciting on the Homefront to report.  I decided to get some out door painting done.  Yes, the same painting I have been messing around with for 2 years.  Although last year little was done.  Since I have gutters to be installed on 9/1 I wanted to be sure that the facia in those places was painted prior to installation.  That is now complete plus some additional trim/facia.  I would guess I am about 60% complete on the trim give or take.  Almost the entire front of the house facia is now complete.  I hope to finish that part up tomorrow along with the last side of the garage.  The facia is the hardest for me to complete yet easiest to paint.  It's due to the height at the peaks of the roof.  I am not sure how the two highest peaks will get completed.  I've done them before but I was much younger then.  I have to admit that since I fell off the ladder that last time, I am much shakier now.  Once all the facia is complete is should go pretty easy as it will be just siding that is done be a roller.  I'm in the mood to get it done now.  However, the heat, humidity and climbing up and down multiple times to move the ladder, I am only good for about 4 hours.  

'K' got her steroid shot Monday.  It helped some.  She goes back to physical therapy today.  I am not sure they are doing any real good.  I know the last time she went put her into a pain level that was worse than anything prior.  She has an appointment with an Orthopedic surgeon in Sept.  He will take a look at her X-rays and decide  of an MRI is needed.  Oh and she got an X-ray on her hip and it reveals bone spurs.  I am not sure how she avoids surgery.  I found out the arthritis in her knee is significant and he PCP hopes she can avoid and knee replacement.  SMH.  I may need to trade her in on a newer model.

The interior is finally finished.  'K' got her new curtains up late last week.  Now she is looking at new rugs.  LOL it never stops apparently.  I'm holding out.  

We are planning on going to a Bluegrass Festival in the Northern part of Texas come October.  A couple of the legends of Bluegrass will be there and I can get them off my bucket list.  Del McCoury and Ricky Skaggs.  There aren't a lot of chances to see the big name performers in Texas.  Now if we can keep 'K' off the surgery list we should be good to go.  I am trying not to think about the china flu thing that seems to be making everyone excited.

My favorite Del song:


Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad progress is being made, and hope K's doc gets her fixed up!