Thursday, April 22, 2021

Weather Is Wacky-Possible Changes

The weather here has been crazy.  Cold and windy, the wind just amplifies the cold.  I has been as low as the mid forties with 30 mph winds.  It has put a damper on the things I need to be working on, i.e. yard work, painting etc.  We did get out to a couple nurseries and Home Depot looking for plants to replace our dead ones.  Home Depot has been our main go to place.  Not this time, they were nearly bare with multiple tables completely empty.  That meant a trip to nurseries which are more spendy.  The first we went to was a new one the wife had been wanting to check out.  It was nice but they had none of the things we were looking for.  The next one was much larger and we found some of our search item.  But 3 plants for 100$ put a damper on looking any further.  Due to the blizzard we had everyone is out looking for new plants and places are very crowded.  The last place we went even had a police officer just standing around, apparently as security due to the crowds, which I have never seen before.

We have cleaned up a lot of the dead things and I have started trimming the suckers on the oak tree trunks.  That takes me a lot of time with so many trees.  I don't last long looking up into the trees with my arms above my head.  It take a toll on my neck really quickly.  And now the weather has just added to my laziness and gives me a reason to not got outside and get to work.  I also need to do regular maintenance of the yard.  Cutting the grass and weed eating (a lot) and cleaning up the oak tassels that are everywhere.  

By this weekend we should be fully covered by our vaccines.  Notice I didn't say immune.  I understand that this so called vaccine doesn't make us immune just will help us be less affected by the kungflu if we were to catch it.  Consequently we have decided to return to church services at our regular congregation.  We have been attending where our kids go for the past month or so.  We felt we should at least try to return there for a while before we make any permanent decisions about where we will attend.  This is a really hard thing for us.  We have been at this one congregation right at 15 years.  There are long time bonds there with people.  I won't go into why we may make a change.  There is not just one reason.  But it is something we are considering.  We pray about this constantly.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Texas spring...sigh... And yes, got my second shot too!