Wednesday, April 7, 2021

My Intentions Were Good

I mentioned in my last post about being motivated to continue painting after finishing the chimney trim the other day.  I started gathering the things I needed to get started on the trim near at the edge of the roof all around the house.  As I walked outside I saw things falling from the skies.  Well it was actually the trees.  We have a lot of oak trees at our place.  We have somewhere between 40-50.  I don't know the exact numbers anymore as I have cut a few down that were causing issues.  

It's that time of year when all of those oak trees are sprouting new growth.  That means they are dropping their tassels and pollen.  Everywhere.  The bright yellow below is pollen.  Our cars look a lot different for a few weeks due to this stuff.


You can see a small pile of tassels on the roof.


The wind was blowing so hard and swirling around it formed a small pile.

Can you imagine having wet paint with all this junk in the air flying around?  Until the wind dies down or the tassels and pollen stop in about another week, or two I will be holding off painting.  Yeah, I remember I said I tend to look for reasons to not paint.  But that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Happy Trails

 

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Smart move... Otherwise you'd have a 'camouflaged' house between the tassels and the pollen!