Saturday, February 20, 2021

Snowpacalypse 2021

Saturday the winter storm seems to be finally over.  We have bright sunny skies today.  Temps are only in the 40's and it's pretty windy so you do need a light jacket if you're outside very long.  We finally started getting a trickle of water around 4 pm Friday.  Not enough to be useful and it would stop occasionally. Just enough to tease us.  This morning we had water on all faucets finally but very low pressure.  It's noon now and it seems normal now.  We are on a boil water warning.  I have purged much of the water that may have been in the lines along with the dispenser on the fridge.  'K' risked a shower and it held up.  

I had been worried about the water heater.  The dreaded know it alls on social media were telling everyone to shut off their water heaters so they wouldn't burn up.  I didn't.  It made no sense to me, as long as there was water in it there should be no risk of burning out the element.  But I wasn't positive after reading all the know it alls reasonings.  I won't repeat anything I read but some of it was really strange.  I'm trying to be nice.  Apparently I was correct.  I'll get my shower after I'm through with the brisket on the pit.  I get very smoky when I do that.  

My Mother still has no water.  That is 7 days.  She spent a couple of those days with my cousin.  She is back home and my Brother took her some water.  We will probably do that early next week if she is still out.  I will look into this in the mean time.

Here are a few pics of what it was like here.  I know it's not much compared to other places.  But it was pretty bad when you have no water, many had no power, many ran out of food and the the stores ran out too. 

Click on each to get a better look.  The first two are panoramic so you need to click

                                            Front looking from the street


Back-the little pup (Snickers) loved the snow.  His legs are so short his belly was dragging in the snow.  But he didn't mind at all.  It was fun to watch.


This is why we can't get out-about an inch of ice under the snow and it's about a 10' rise up to the street.


There are a lot more pics but I'll spare you.

Happy Trails

 

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

We pulled through it, THAT is the main thing! Hang in there!

Randy said...

Old NFO-yessir, it could always be worse