Sunday, February 14, 2021

It's COLD!!

I know, it's a lot colder everywhere else.  But you have to take into consideration that we aren't used to this type cold and we don't want to be.  The thing is, starting today it is going to get much colder for the next couple days.  Where I live it may get into the single digits.  I have only seen that once in my lifetime in this part of the State.  That was back in the winter of '89 I believe.  We had eight straight days of temps below freezing.  We reached single digits multiple times.  Officially we got down to 0* one morning.  We live a bit North of there and at a little higher elevation, I read -2 on my thermometer then.  That was way to cold for this Texian.  We don't even have clothes for that type of weather.  The only thing good about that was we didn't have any precipitation with the cold as so often happens here.  If you want to see a circus just mix freezing temps and moisture and it is a clown show.  No one here knows how to drive on ice or snow.  Now that we have so many transplants from elsewhere lately there may now be a few that do know how.  But they take their lives in their hands if they get on the road with a native.  

As I write this, it is now 25* down four from this morning.  It hasn't been above freezing sine sometime Friday.  Not sure what they are predicting now as it changes every few hours.  I am sure it will be in the teens before morning.  We have a light mist falling at the moment and a coating of ice on everything.  My driveway has a considerable slope up to the street.  If we had to leave for some emergency....well we wouldn't be able to leave in either of our vehicles.  It will be like that until sometime Wednesday and I write this Sunday at noon.  

Yes, it's cold.  They are predicting some areas may hit 0* in the next two days.  That would be farther into the Hill Country than us, at least I hope it's not us.  They are saying we will get snow on top of the freezing rain and sleet today.  I have never heard them say snow is a sure thing here, but they are this time.  One thing I am thankful for is this doesn't really last all that long and it doesn't happen very often.

Due to all the preps we make and the china flu we have plenty on hand.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

-3 up here this morning. And tonight is supposed to be the worst! 4 inches of snow, thankfully no ice. And yes, stay warm!