Monday, February 1, 2021

Monday Update

It's still pretty quiet around here.  We did go see my Mother Saturday.  It had been well over a month since either of us had been to see her.  Covid was part of the reason, with her being exposed and a remote possibility we had been through one of the boys family.  She doesn't seem to understand what quarantine means.  Even though earlier in this mess she would stay home and have groceries delivered and avoid any social contact outside her home.  Now that she was exposed we found out she was going and doing as if nothing had changed.  Her explanation shows she doesn't really understand what quarantine means or she just refuses to do it any more.  We didn't discuss it, we heard about it.  I don't know, I try not to discuss these things with her as it seems to distress her more than is good for either of us.  Visiting is hard for me and I know my visits are hard on her.  Having 'K' that will visit with her without me is a blessing for us both.  I don't deserve this woman.  

I think I have decided to forego the garden this year.  It has been less than successful the last two years.  This year I will let it lie and try to get it back in shape for Spring the following year.  It needs to have more soil/compost added and some major weeding.  Not having a pick-up, even my small Ranger, makes it near impossible for me to get the needed compost.  I only need a 1/2 yard and the Ranger handled that perfectly.  The hauling fee for that much compost would far out strip the cost of the compost itself.  About the only way to do that is by buying bagged compost.  I can easily fit 10-20 bags in the Explorer.  My back may be the final decision maker.  Not sure what I will do.  Maybe I will just do away with the garden entirely.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

This year might be a good one to get nutrients back into the soil. Take a sample to the Farm Bureau and get them to advise you on what is needed.