Monday, April 16, 2018

Tax Day

This snuck up on us.  We haven't been in contact with our tax man since we dropped it off like we were last year.  We had to file an extension and evidently do this year too.  We went in on the final day last year and signed a few documents and sent a guesstimate check in to the infernal revenue.  However, last year we knew this would happen.  This year, I just forgot about it.  So we are currently trying to contact him and see if we need to get in ASAP.  So my anxiety level is a bit higher than usual.  Next year, I think I will do our taxes since K will have very little business to deal with.  That is the only reason we use a tax man anyway.  Business tax issues are something I am totally ignorant of and I don't want to know.  But as I sit here and think about the quicken file we supply him, maybe after next year.

We had a bunch of errands we need to do today.  We will continue on with those and keep trying to contact our tax guy.  A visit to the pet store is in order for more food for Buster and see what they charge to get him groomed.  A visit to the bank to make a critical deposit and then to the grocer with a very long list.  

I also finally decided to bite the bullet and replace my smoker/grill. I have and want another offset smoker.  I have done a lot of shopping and reading reviews over the last couple months.  Unless I want to spent anywhere from 500+ to over a 1000$ dollars will I get a quality smoker.  And I ain't spending that, believe me.  The cheaper ones are just that, cheaply made.  They have various issues from paint peeling (which I don't really care about) to not sealing tight enough to poor temperature control.  The last two, are due to thin sheet metal and poor fit.  The thicker the steel the better it holds heat which is very important for the briskets I cook and the length if time it takes.  K told me, 'just remember how old you are, you don't need one to last 30 years like the last one did.'  Yes, I am very well aware of that, thank you very much sweetheart, but when you read about a pit warping after the first use, you know it is not the one you want.  I am just hoping my guess turns out right.  So we will head to wally world, since it is the only place that carries the one I decided on, and try to wrangle it into my truck and get it to it's new home.  Unless of course the tax man calls us.  SMH.

Happy Tax Day, NOT.


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you're not going to be writing a big check in either case...