Thursday, April 5, 2018

Border

I have been trying to follow the news about this caravan of 1200 travelers heading to our Southern border from Mexico.  They are coming from various countries in Central America it appears.  I am certain they have been 'organized' by those that are opposed to President Trump's border wall or proposed immigration policies.  They are illegally in Mexico, and yet, what does Mexico do about it?  They hurry them along with various levels of support, just to get them out of their country.  They don't want them.  The various cities they travel through are also providing places to eat and transportation, whatever it takes to get them out of their city.  So the question becomes apparent:  Why does Mexico allow this to happen?  Why didn't they ship them back/deport them?  First off, most of Mexico is corrupt, on every level.  It is a way of life there and has been for centuries.  No one can ever really know how they justify their corruption.  They all look at it as a way of life and just go on.  Being as close to the border as we are and with the city near us still having strong ties to Mexico, you would be forgiven for thinking you lived in Mexico at times.  Does that sound racist?  I don't mean for it to be but I know I could never convince you otherwise if you believe I am.  You think differently.  But I digress.  

Now, many here are upset because the President has said that this caravan will be met at the border with the Military.  This twists the leftards to the max I am sure.  I understand that our Military has very specific laws that prevent them from various actions within the confines of the United States.  I am not versed on the 'posse comitatus' law.  But how can we allow what basically amounts to an invasion happen without meeting it with some form of force?  Now don't get me wrong, I don't espouse firing on innocent civilians coming into our country illegally.  I am not advocating the Military shoot anyone that crosses the border.  However, I would doubt these invaders would get across our porous border less easily or even be deterred by the sight of uniformed and armed military guarding our border.  Yes, it is a slippery slope, when would they be allowed to shoot?  Better minds than mine have to answer that.

On another note, the last couple days have been somewhat busy.  A dermatologist appointment to follow up on my skin cancer, I donated blood, a dental cleaning and then the regular things that have to get done.  I have been a little busier than I prefer, well, not really.  The doctor/dental stuff is always a PITB.  The dermatologist wants me in every 6 months for 2 years.  If this keeps up I will have every month covered for doctor appointments.  May already do if I add in K.  Sheesh, this getting old is not easy.  

Happy Trails

No comments: