Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Got It Wrong

I found out Tax Day is actually today.  That is because we got in contact with our tax man, finally.  He has already filed an extension for us.  The even better news is we will get a refund for the first time in years.  No idea how much, but it really doesn't matter as we don't have to give more $$ to the gubmint.  WOOOOHOOO!  So I was unnecessarily stressed, but I let my tax guy know he was driving me crazy.  He laughed and told me to go watch TV.  Good thing he is a good friend.  

So the new BBQ smoker/pit is together and currently has a fire in it to season it.  It appears that all the cheaper models now are made in freaking china.  Even one called an Oklahoma Joe.  What?  Unfortunately I didn't check the label for where it was made before I got it.  I try not to buy things from there but it is almost impossible.  Getting the pit in the wife's car and out and up on the patio wore my butt out.  I am not up to strength from my long layoff from surgery and general laziness.  Plus I was very tentative with lifting etc., so that made me do things a bit difficult.  Lots of sliding and rolling things instead of just picking them up and moving them.  I actually had to get K to help me out or I just could not have done it.  200 lbs dead weight is much heavier than I remember.  But I see brisket on the table soon.  


You can see my old worn out one in the back ground and I scavenged my old temp gauge and put it in the extra hole the new one has.  

I was texting with Son #2 and showed him a photo of the completed pit.  He reminded me his new bride does not like beef.  I have only known one other person with that same issue, but she doesn't like anything.  So he asked about pork ribs since she eats pork of all things.  I told him this is Texas and we eat beef.  She needs to get with the program.  Then he proceeds to tell me she is 'broken.'  She doesn't like Queso either.  Just broken.  No beef! No Queso!  In Texas?!?!?  She must be a closet Yankee and didn't tell us.  I told him there may be hope, as his Mom didn't like eating Mexican food when were dating.  But she was young and impressionable and I got her away from eating a Pancho's all you can eat to some real San Antonio TexMex.   I fixed her.  So I hold out hope for this abomination in my family.  But she is much older than K was when I fixed her, so she may be set in her ways and really, just broken.

Happy Trails

No comments: