Monday, April 1, 2024

Easter Weekend

I hope everyone had a great Easter.  Ours went well.  Glad it's over.  Doing all that cooking and getting ready was a chore this time.  Too many aches and pains and all that work tends to aggravate it.  We need to find an easier solution.  I'm afraid the solution would be to not have it here, which I don't like at all.  I think we should turn it into a pot luck deal.  I'm just afraid we would wind up with no meats or pasta lol.  The baby back ribs turned out pretty well it seems.  Everyone said they liked them.  IMO they were just OK.  They were a little dry to me but much meatier.  To little fat, I think, to keep them as moist as they should have been.  I am my harshest critic in what I turn out from my BBQ pit.  I can't seem to just enjoy it, I am always evaluating what went wrong and what I could do better. 

Mom did come to our Easter lunch.  We picked her up on our way from church.  She lost track of time and when I called to tell her we would be there in 20 minutes she freaked out lol.  But she somehow managed to get almost ready by the time we got there.  She had a pretty good grasp of her faculties and we had a good visit.

I will be heading out to get my crown installed this morning.  Yes, they are making me King.  Then the day is free if I ignore all the things I need to do out in the yard.  I am so far behind due to being inoperative from my ribs it has become daunting.  But I am determined to get it done myself and not have to hire someone.  Along with my low stamina and the ribs letting me know they don't like what I am doing, and my neck abaltion has apparently failed it has becomemuch more challenging.  That is very disappointing.  It was supposed to last one to two years and it's not quite three months.  But it is certain I won't go through that again with such a short time of relief.

I'm off to cook breakfast.

Happy Trails



1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, we are getting to 'that' age where we start rethinking the whole get everyone here/cook for them thing...