Monday, March 25, 2024

Running Late-BBQ-Pain Doc

I'm running late posting today.  No excuses, I just forgot.  Seems that is happening a lot more lately.  Maybe the old brain is overworked.  Well that's my story...

I got an Amazon Fire Stick the other day.  I never really wanted one since I already have a Smart TV and all the apps I wanted.  However, this TV is several years old, not sure exactly how old, at least 5, probably more.  It seems Samsung in all their wisdom has quit updating it and there are quite a few apps that I don't have access to that I am interested in.  Some will require a subscription, some are free.  I've messed around with it a little.  It will need some tweaking.  It runs darker on the screen than I have the TV set for and there are no adjustments within the app to lighten it.  My very tech savy Son has clued me in on how to adjust it, I may try that today.  

This coming Sunday the family will be here to hunt Easter Eggs if that rabbit doesn't get chased off by the pups.  I will BBQ some baby back ribs andcook a pot of pintos.  Other sides will have to be brought by the others.  Pork Ribs are the most cost effective way to feed the whole crew and it solves the 'no beef' person issue easily.  I get asked to cook ribs pretty often.  They are not my favorite, actually any pork is just ok to me, preferring beef.  That's the main reason I don't cook then often.  But I have been told by quite a few, they have never tasted any better.  So I don't really mind cooking them and they are pretty easy.  I will try a different rub this time.  I'm going more for an 'al pastor' style pork.  

I have my echo cardiogram this coming Friday.  Nothing exciting is expected to be found.  It's just to confirm the cardiologists conclusions on my heart murmur, that there is nothing to worry about.

I also need to go see my pain doc again.  It seems the ablation of my neck nerves that should have lasted 1-2 years has failed.  I am experiencing some of the worst neck pain I have had in the past.  I am not sure I want to go through all that again with it lasting only 2-3 months.  It took almost 2 months of pain for it to actually work and the procedure was extremely unpleasant.  I will just have to visit with him and see what would be his next step.  I guess it would be a referal to a surgeon.  Something that I am now considering as very possible.  But I want my primary care doc to weigh in first.  Lots of things for me to think about in the near future.  

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sigh, there is always ONE that doesn't want X... And yes, pork is almost always a good 'filler'. Good luck with the pain management!